Sunday, April 15, 2007

Settling

There comes a moment in our life when we realize the things we’ve done, choices we've made and ways we've gotten used to just don’t work anymore. Sometimes these moments are brought on by monumental events and others by subtle annoying signs that won't go away. I’ve been lucky, I guess, to experience both. The big, bold in your face wake up calls and the subtle small annoying signs that almost seem routine. I’ve tried to ignore both, I mean after all who really likes change? This past week all those little signs that I’ve gotten used to suddenly weren’t so subtle and I realized that it’s time for change in my life. It seems I’ve been settling. I’ve settled for things, moments, emotions, and experiences. I’ve been settling for too long and I’m done settling.

"I ain't settlin' For just getting by I've had enough so-so For the rest of my life Tired of shooting too low So raise the bar high "Just enough," ain't enough this time I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything … Find what it means to be the girl Who changed her mind And changed the world" – Sugarland

No comments: